Video Marketing = Smart Marketing
Video marketing injects life into what otherwise might be a pretty bland message. It can lift you from being another voice in the crowd to the single voice that compelled a prospect to pick up the phone and take immediate action.
You already know that just about everyone under 80 uses the internet. But when you consider that roughly 7 out of 10 people using the Internet watch online videos, you might wonder why you haven’t already been video marketing to get more sales.
People are much more likely to buy a product or service if they’ve seen a video about it. It helps them connect with you, your brand, and the message you’re trying to get across. Telling me is one thing, showing me is another.
Video marketing helps your audience recognize you as they’ve now seen your brand, logo, product offering, etc. If someone asks about your business and you hand them a piece of paper that explains everything they need to know, they MIGHT read it when they get a chance. But if you SHOW them your work and explain it colourfully with your own voice, they’ve been given a free sample, they’re more engaged, and much more likely to favor you when it comes time to act.
Basic Video Marketing Strategies
A few pointers regarding your video marketing strategy.
- Keep it fairly short & sweet. Somewhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes. If it’s any longer than that, you better have good reason.
- Aim for clarity. What’s the point of using a visual tool if it doesn’t enhance someone’s understanding of what you have to offer?
- Of course funny is better than dry. But be careful. Funny ain’t easy! If your effort tries but fails to make people laugh, they remember you for all the wrong reasons. There’s nothing wrong with taking a more direct, matter of fact approach. Funny or not, you want to create a message that is clear & memorable.
- End with a simple call to action. You’re not in the entertainment business (probably), so you’re not making a video for pure entertainment value. So after you’ve engaged your viewer, make it clear what you’d like them to do. Click this link & view more samples. Call this number & speak to a rep. Use this promotional code & get 20% off your order.
- Get help. Yes your camera shoots video. And your computer came with free editing software. But why would you want to spend hours or even days struggling to make a video that looks…well, like YOU made a video? Unless you plan on becoming a videographer or media producer of some type, your time might be better spent giving your input & goals to people who specialise in this sort of thing.
Can We Help Make Your Video Marketing Idea a Reality?
If you’d like to speak with us about making a video to help your business attract new leads and better connect with your website visitors, call us today and we’ll explore a few options. Video marketing is hot right now, and it can be a fun way to transform a boring, stagnate site into a more INTERESTING platform that visitors remember & revisit.
Call us on 1300 723 371 to get the ball rolling!